I'm Alan Shortis—a front end developer based in
London , currently working for Monzo.
I like building scalable, accessible, and performant design systems and websites; the combination of code, design, and empathy for end users is what makes me want to do my best work.
Right now I primarily work on internal tooling that helps keep Monzo secure. Outside of work I like design, photography, music, and cycling, with my enthusiasum far outweighing my ability.
- Listening to Thom Yorke, Melvins, and Rage Against the Machine
- Reading The Creative Act: A Way of Being by Rick Rubin
- Watching Succession, Ted Lasso, and Barry
- Editing film scans with Negative Lab Pro
- Making plans for Colorado and Wyoming