I'm Alan Shortis—a front end developer based in
London , currently working for Monzo.
I like building scalable, accessible, and performant design systems and websites; the combination of code, design, and empathy for end users is what makes me want to do my best work.
I am primarily working on internal tooling that helps keep Monzo secure. Outside of work I like design, photography, music, and cycling, with my enthusiasum far outweighing my ability.
- Listening to Tool, Lettuce, and Wu-Tang Clan
- Reading The Fourth Turning: An American Prophecy - What the Cycles of History Tell Us About America's Next Rendezvous with Destiny by William Strauss
- Watching Six Feet Under
- Still absolutely obsessed with exploring the wilderness of Read Dead Redemption II
- Still editing film scans with Negative Lab Pro, for the long-awaited photography section of this site
- Recovering from more COVID