I'm Alan Shortis, a front end developer based in
London Nottingham currently working for Monzo. I like building scalable, accessible, and performant design systems and websites; the combination of code, design, and empathy for end users is what makes me want to do my best work.
- Reading The Fran Lebowitz Reader by Fran Lebowitz
- Listening to Tool, Cannibal Ox, and Declaime
- Exploring the wilderness in Red Dead Redemption II
- Learning Go, and thinking of learning Go
- Working through all Jim Jarmusch movies
short.is is written in TypeScript using Next.js and Styled Components. The usual client-side bundle containing React is omitted, with any interactivity delivered via Web Components. This gives me the nice DX, and you the bare minimum of bytes.
The fonts are Sohne and Sohne Mono from Klim Type Foundry.