Things that will boost imposter syndrome:
- Too much context switching: Trying to juggle multiple tasks, especially of different types - will make each task feel more difficult and the time to switch between them slow.
- Not taking the time to learn: We can all be guilty of thinking we should understand something new quickly, but we wouldn't expect someone else to magically gain this kind of knowledge.
- Comparing yourself to others: The person who's been working at your company for 4 years longer than you knows more.
- No stupid questions: If something doesn't make sense but it feels like it should, ask before you reach the point of frustration. Someone else is probably wondering the same thing.
- Move on: Bad day? Banging your head against a problem for hours only for the solution to be kind of obvious in hindsight? Don't dwell on it. On to the next one.